Sunday, February 24, 2013

State of the Union

I have been watching all these Confederate updates and I was getting anxious to post some Union pictures. The process in which I am painting this army has slowed down my ability to post articles mainly because I was concentrating on getting the entire army to the point before putting the finishing touches on them. I was base coating the entire army and 'dipping' them prior to adding highlights and basing them.

Well, I am happy to announce that the base coating and dipping stages are done and I started highlighting stuff this past week. Adding the highlights takes a little bit of time but I am really happy with the progress in just a week. I was able to get almost 30 miniatures done in one week so I am going into the final days with a bunch of confidence that I will finish in time. Enjoy my progress pictures.

Infantry Brigade Command including Divisional Flag



Artillery Brigade Commander



114th PA Regiment Command Stand


2 of the 3 artillery pieces


88th NY Regiment partial command stand 


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! More beautiful Yanks : )

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe,

    Huzzah!! "Tramp, tramp tramp the boys are coming!" Nice.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on these guys! Flags really look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking awesome Joe! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I am happy with them so far. I forgot to mention that the bases aren't done. I just applied the pumice. I will paint the bases when everything is done.

    ReplyDelete