My army progress has been a little slower than I would have liked but I am moving along quite nicely since my return from the holiday break. Although I don't have any finished units I am working on the army in steps rather than one unit at a time. I am base coating and 'dipping' everything before I go in for the highlights. At this stage I decided to photograph my units ready for the 'dip'.
My artillery crew. The one crewman suffered a horrible fate when I attempted to dip him and the dip was beginning to dry out. I added some paint thinner to the dip and it only made things worse beginning to pull the paint from the miniature. So, I threw out the dip and $30 later I was back in business.
The cannons are done. Rather than dip them I used a brown wash to give them some depth after base coating them. Once I finish off the bases I will give the cannon a little weathering.
Here is the back to show some of the details. Nice miniatures and I look forward to painting the Confederates which are sculpted similar to these.
Here are the horses for my cavalry and command stand. I opted for a regiment of 12 but I think that will be reduced depending on the army build out. I guess it could always be split into two 6 man regiments but at least I have options.
Here are the riders for my cavalry. I am painting an additional standard bearer because I want to have the divisional flag on my command base.
That's it for now. More to come soon and we prepare to whoop up on some Rebels.