Monday, November 26, 2012

69th New York - One Step Closer

They may not be much to look at right now but hopefully in the next few weeks they will be completely done and based. I just bought one of those simple photography booths and I am still working out the kinks so the pictures may be a little suspect for the next post or two.

Here is the 69th in all its glory. Soon they will get some highlights and their colors.
Here is the Perry Miniatures metal command to accompany the plastics above. I ended up buying the metal command for each of my regiments for two reasons. First, the plastic command are not wearing sack coats and second I wanted the actions of my command to match what the regiment was doing. 
Stay tuned for more exciting action from the soldiers north of the border........

Double Canister Casualties

Well, here are some pictures of casualty markers that I hope I don't have to use but I know I am not that good of a general. These are Perry Miniatures casualties and the miniatures on hex bases will be used to mark Disorder and the miniatures on the 60mm round are going to be used to track hits on regiments. The miniatures are merely basecoated and dipped (Army Painter) at this stage and once I have some more stuff painted to this point I will begin some final highlights. 

I decided to create a wood lined box for the die to rest in. This way the die isn't accidently  picked up and the wood makes it  seem like a little trench. 

Here you can see the die all snug in its new home. Hopefully no regiment under my command will ever suffer that many hits but you never know what will happen. 

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Double canister!

                   Hello all! Here are some photos of my newly finished artillery units.

I have gone with 12lb Confederate Napoleons. If you look closely at the muzzle of the cannon it does not flair out like its Union counterpart. Both units are from Sash and Saber castings.

Well hope you all enjoy the photos. Up next will be the 22nd Alabama Inf. Until then enjoy the upcoming holidays and keep the paint flying.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The 6th Wisconsin are underway!

Another unit of Perry plastics has received the Iron Brigade treatment, with the bulk of the unit receiving the "frock coat/Hardee hat with ostrich feather" treatment.

A few models throughout the unit are sporting forage caps, or sack coats, or shell jackets, just for a little variety. Now it's time to get on with the painting.

Last week my Perry Miniatures order arrived! I now have all the models I need to complete my Iron Brigade (including all five infantry regiments, an artillery piece, the attached 6th Pennsylvania cav (both mounted and dismounted, with horse handlers) and my brigade commander.

Finally, my Movember moustache is coming along nicely. Not quite up to Sam Elliot/Buford level, but on the way. I ask now that you head over to my MoSpace and make a donation!

Click here to donate.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

7th tennessee 2.0

I could not let Mr.Taylor and those darn Billy Yanks say us Rebs can't base our minis or use flags ;). Below are some updated photos of my 7th Tennessee.

 I went with about the same basing color as Dave went with on his 2nd Wisconsin Infantry

 The flags I have chosen for all the units in this project will be from GMB designs. 

Well, I hope you all like the updated "complete" unit as Dave would say, and sorry for the short notes on the above pictures. Be on the lookout for some upcoming artillery units, as well as another infantry regiment. Thanks for looking.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

6th Pennsylvania Cavalry (mounted) Completed (almost)

And another one bites the dust!

The mounted version of my assigned cavalry unit is complete (apart from the GMB Designs guidon which is on its way). It was pretty easy to get these guys all wrapped up as I actually painted the first six models back in 2009 for an article in WI261 on Union cavalry. The models are the excellent Perry Miniatures plastics.

It was a fairly simple thing to paint up two more models and rebase the older guys.

I hope you like them. I only have the dismounted version of this unit, four infantry regiments, one artillery piece, and a few command stands left to paint ; )

Our Movember efforts have started with a bang. Already the team has raised over $1,000. Personally, I'd like to see us raise $3,000 but we can only do that with your support. Please head HERE to donate.