Monday, March 4, 2013

New Addition to the Union Ranks

We are at the stage in the project where you, the viewers, will start to see lots of toy soldiers hitting the 'done' pile. Even though my progress was slow getting over the hump of base coating my entire army; I am starting to get closer to the finish line with each brush stroke. 

I have completed the 6th NY Cavalry Regiment. It will definitely be a first since I painted too many cavalry for this project but I wanted to have a unit of 12 for future gaming. 





I finally finished the 3rd gun and I realized the new pumice I was using was not the same color of the original pumice I ran out of. No matter since this will be painted over but the texture is slightly different. Probably won't be noticeable when everything is flocked and grassed but sometimes my OCD gets in the way. :) 



I was really excited to see the colors put on some painted miniatures so I jumped right into the command stands. Here are two command stands done for the Irish Brigade. Those green flags will look great on the table and distract everyone from my so-so paint job. :) 




Finally, I have my remaining casualty and disruption markers. I am short casualty markers since I will have 5 infantry regiments and only 3 casualty markers so I guess I will have to make sure my brigade doesn't take any hits. 



I really need to work on my picture taking abilities but one thing at a time. I need to get my army done first. :) 

Krone



7 comments:

  1. Joe,

    Nice job. It does look pretty damn cool to get a whole cav regiment done and on the table. Keep them coming! You should paint up 4 MORE cav regiments.

    Hey, those dead guys, who makes them?

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perry Miniatures makes the dead guys.

    Thanks but I think I might pass on the 4 more regiments. My future ACW project includes a Zouave brigade of 3 regiments, a Colored brigade of 3 regiments and 3+ brigades of confederates.

    Thanks for the kind words Don.

    PS. I have about 10-12 Foundry Union that are partially or fully painted. You want them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe,

      Do I want them?! Are you crazy? Duh? Of course!!!!

      Delete
  3. all look great, this is going to be a heck of a game to watch shame its soooooo far away :)
    keep up the good work and posting those great pictures
    Peace James
    Exiles Painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great picture of troops along with guns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really good blog, I love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete